Encaustic Wax Painting - Advanced Class
VENUE: Redrock Gallery
SPACES: Very Limited
WHAT TO EXPECT: During this one day workshop you will start with a quick refresher of the fundalmentals of encaustic wax then you will be led step by step through some advanced techniques of encaustic art, having each demonstrated to you, then performing each step yourself -after this you have the opportunity to work on the techniques that interest you under the guidance of an experienced encaustic artist.
You will create at least 4 of your own experimental works on board as well as a final piece on
large 400mm round panel to take home - all costs included
• Refresher of safety and tools of the trade.
• Refresher of the types of wax, mediums and paints.
• Refresher of he technique of layering, fusing, blending.
• The technique of Image Transfer.
• A wander to the beach to collect found materials for embedding (weather permitting).
• The technique of embedding and textured painting..
• The techniques of shellac burn and PVA glue burn.
• Creating a final piece from your favourite techniques from the day.